Policies and rules
***CANCELLATION POLICY DURING PANDEMIC*****
If a government-mandated lockdown, which includes the Blue Mountains area, occurs, we will provide a full refund for the reservation (excluding credit card fees). In the event that the number of guests reduces, or if you or your guests opt not to come due to safety concerns, our standard cancellation policy applies. This policy also encompasses personal illness, including Covid-19 symptoms. We strongly recommend considering the purchase of travel insurance to safeguard yourself against such risks
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing via email, and the receipt of such communication will be confirmed.
- GRACE PERIOD is defined as the 2 days after the Rental Agreement is accepted. Cancellations within the Grace Period are subject to an administration fee of $150.00. The process fee for credit card payment is nonrefundable.
- ADVANCED CANCELLATIONS are defined as cancellations occurring after the Grace Period and 45 days prior to the start of the Rental Term. Guests will be entitled to a full refund, subject to an administration fee of $250.
- RESTRICTED CANCELLATIONS are defined as cancellations occurring within 45 days of the start of the Rental Term. Refunds are only granted if the Rental Property is rebooked for the same Rental Fee. Any differences in Rental Fees will be the responsibility of the guest, along with a $250 administration fee. If the Guest is able to find substitute guests for the same time period, the entire rental amount will be refunded.
- A 24-hour noise by-law is in effect; refrain from excessive loud noise in the area.
- Hot tub usage is not permitted after 11 PM or before 7 AM.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Check-in time is after 4 PM, and check-out time is 11 AM, unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance.
- Prior to checking out, tidy up and ensure all garbage and recycling are removed (bins provided).
- Wash and put away dishes, and clean the BBQ if used
Each chalet requires a $750 security deposit for every rental contract. This deposit will be authorized (but not charged) on the credit card on file. The security deposit will be released within 5 business days after departure if there are no damages or breaches as described below.
The security deposit may be used to cover damages to the property, including but not limited to the structure, hot tub, contents, appliances, or lost keys. Additionally, the deposit may be used for significant cleaning needs, such as floors, walls, appliances, hot tub, or furniture, which results in an extra cleaning charge from the cleaning company.
All or part of the deposit may be forfeited if the tenant breaches any of the following:
1. Exceeding the maximum occupancy of the chalet, resulting in full forfeiture.
2. A noise complaint is reported against the tenant or any of their guests, resulting in full forfeiture.
3. Parking more than 5 cars in the designated parking areas and receiving security complaints, resulting in a $250 forfeiture.
4. Leaving the chalet in an unreasonably dirty condition that requires extra cleaning time, resulting in the forfeiture of the extra cleaning bill.
5. Violating the strict smoking prohibition within any chalets, hot tubs, or steam rooms, resulting in a $500 forfeiture.
6. Using illegal drugs anywhere on the premises, resulting in a $500 forfeiture.
Our’ noise policy is a direct adoption of The Town of Blue Mountains Noise Bylaw as stated below. A breach of this policy and bylaw will result in a full forfeiture of the security deposit.
Please be advised that the Town of The Blue Mountains has a Noise By-law that is in effect 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, under Municipal By-law NO. 2002-09, as amended, and it states. “NO PERSON SHALL MAKE NOISE OR CAUSE NOISE TO BE MADE OR PERMIT NOISE TO BE MADE THAT WOULD BE LIKELY TO DISTURB THE INHABITANTS OF THE MUNICIPALITY”. The by-law prohibits any noise likely to disturb the inhabitants of the municipality. You must not disturb neighbors or disrupt their enjoyment of the resort at any time of day or night.
Booking our property affirms your comprehension of the by-law's terms and your commitment to abiding by these restrictions during your stay in The Blue Mountains. This helps ensure the rights of all residents and visitors are upheld.Non-compliance with the by-law may result in the involvement of the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police), who have the authority to issue a Notice of Offence carrying a fine, upon conviction, of $615.00 for a first offense.
Please enjoy your stay in our municipality while also being considerate of fellow residents.
Our Occupancy Policy is required as a result of the Town of Blue Mountains Short Term Accommodations Licensing Bylaw. A breach of this policy and bylaw will result in the full forfeiture of the security deposit.
Please be advised that the Town of The Blue Mountains has a Short Term Accommodation (STA) By-law NO. 2013-50, as amended, and it states:
“DWELLINGS IN THE TOWN OF BLUE MOUNTAINS THAT ARE OFFERED FOR SHORT TERM RENTAL OF LESS THAN 30 DAYS MUST BE LICENSED BY THE TOWN OF BLUE MOUNTAINS.”
It also states:
“DWELLINGS LICENSED FOR SHORT TERM ACCOMMODATION MUST NOT EXCEED THEIR LICENSED OCCUPANCY. EXCESS OCCUPANCY WILL RESULT IN PENALTIES AND REVOCATION OF LICENSE.”
Day visitors are not permitted; however, if you seek our permission and supply us with the dates, times and number of people expected, we would be happy to grant permission if the numbers are reasonable.
The chalets are pet-friendly, but permission is required prior to arrival, with a maximum of three (3) pets/chalet allowed. Pets should be house-trained and well-behaved, and you're responsible for cleaning up after them. There is a pet fee of $35/pet/night, payable before check-in.
Pets are not allowed in the swimming pool, hot tubs, or sauna rooms. Violating this policy will result in a $500 forfeiture of the security deposit.